Long days

So I’ve been slacking on the blog lately… It’s just been busy and hectic here in my world. Hubby and I have not been able to start the Love Dare thing yet. I was planning to get that going this week, but we found out that he had to go out of town again next week and then a couple of weeks after that. I reckon I’ll just plan to start it one day and we’ll have to manage it while he’s out.

I spent a few nights and Saturday morning getting stuff ready to take to the Kidz Klozet sale in Mobile. I dropped it off on Sunday afternoon. The sale is March 2 – 6 from 10 to 6 pm. It’s a great sale for first time parents/grandparents, and even seasoned parents. They don’t take anything that has been recalled and if a carseat is over 3 or 4 years old they won’t take it, so you know you’re getting something that is safe. There are over 850 consignors for this one and it’s a LOT to look at. So, you know, if you happen to be down this way… 🙂

B is still growing so fast. She is walking around like she’s been doing it for years. She took her first steps the day after her birthday and she hasn’t turned back. We had a couple of family portraits taken at the beginning of February and some of B for the whole “one-year” thing. We haven’t ordered them yet, or I’d have some posted for everyone to see.
The biggest thing that is going on right this second happens to involve my job, yet again. It is not a good thing and I only have until sometime tomorrow to have made a decision about it. Basically, they want me to either take a small (and it really is a small one) pay cut and work in a different position, or I won’t have a job anymore. They don’t think I’m working out where I am right now and want me to move. So, I have to decide whether I’ll take the position, or take the unemployment.
Believe it or not, it is NOT a no-brainer. Yes, I need a job. I have a family that I help support and we are just not in a financial position for me not to have a job right now. Or at least, not for long. I could be unemployed, but I’d have to be searching every day for a new job. And, I have some slim criteria.
With hubby traveling as much as he does, I can’t work past 5 in the evenings and I can’t work before 7 in the morning. And, since I do value my time with my husband, if I want to spend any time with him at all when he’s traveling, I can’t work weekends either. So, I have to have a job that works either 7 to 4 or 8 to 5 on Monday thru Friday. It’s hard to find a job like that around here. Especially one that would pay decently.
Speaking of pay, the pay cut for the new position is only by $1.00. It’s not a terrible pay cut. It’s about $40/wk that I wouldn’t get. It would be a bit harder to make ends meet, but not impossible. I also don’t know whether or not the job would guarantee me being hired on full time instead of staying a temp.
So – cons of taking new position:
1. pay cut
2. still stressful work environment
3. uncertainty about the temp thing
Pros of taking new position:
1. still have a job
2. possibly getting hired on and earning time off
3. still be able to help support the family
Cons of rejecting position and being unemployed for a while:
1. being unemployed
2. not being able to help support my family
3. staying stressed over finding a new job
Pros of rejecting position/unemployed:
1. no more stressful work environment
2. more time with my precious babies
3. more time… in general (when not hunting for work, of course)
I also need to mention that if I chose to reject the position, thereby becoming unemployed, I would take the kids out of daycare/after school care. I would love it, but in the event of a job interview, I would have to scramble to get someone to look after them while I did it, and then I’d have to worry that there wouldn’t be a spot available in daycare when I needed to put B back. (D’s kids club would always have a spot available)
It’s a lot to think about, that’s for sure. I sometimes wonder if we lived somewhere else, what our lives would be like there. How is the job market in other places? I just am really frustrated with the job market here.
I think that I have talked myself into just accepting the new position. A lot still rides on the whole temp thing too though. If I have to stay a temp for even longer or start over, I don’t know that it would be worth it….. Ugh, I have a headache just thinking about all of this. I have to go to bed now though… It’s going to be a long enough day tomorrow.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s